Ways to Keep your RCBC Bankard credit card in Good Credit Standing
1. Make sure you pay at least the full minimum amount due on your card as often as possible. If you are sticking to your monthly budget, this shouldn’t be a problem.
Don’t overspend! Take advantage of your RCBC Bankard’s free, customized, spend management tool called Spend Analyzer. It allows you to plan your card usage by printing an expense summary table on your monthly statement of account. In one glance, you’ll be able to see your family’s expenditures for the month’s cycle and the year-to-date cycle.
2. Hold on to your transaction receipts so that you can refer to them whenever you are in doubt of a particular entry in your monthly statement of account.
Save all of your transaction receipts. This will serve as your proof in case there are erroneous postings in your monthly statements.
To keep track of your card transactions and manage your budget, enroll in the RCBC Bankard Spend Monitor and enjoy peace of mind with real-time SMS advisory that keeps you informed of your card transactions. The best part about this is that this service is free-of-charge!
3. Owning a credit card is a privilege, not a right. A credit card is a financial tool that you should use responsibly. Pay your credit card bill on time and at least the minimum amount due in full each month to avoid interest charges and late payment fees.
If you’re a good cardholder, your RCBC Bankard will generously reward you with credit limit increases and special perks. Settle your monthly dues right in the comfort and convenience of your home via an online payment facility powered by BancNet. No need to line up in the bank or payment centers! All you need is a BancNet account. See all payment channels here.
4. Have an organized credit life.
Managing more than one credit card can be tedious and stressful. Here are some tips on how to make this hassle-free: (1) use one card exclusively for one particular type of purchase; (2) keep a list of the different due dates and balances for each card; and (3) set up auto-debit arrangements with RCBC or RSB Savings to make sure paying your monthly credit card bills is done effortlessly and on time
Of course, the best option is to consolidate all your spending on your RCBC Bankard and generate savings for yourself by enjoying rebates on your interest charges. Learn more about Balance Transfer. Talk to our Customer Service Representative by calling 8881888.
5. Never let others use your card or share your PIN to avoid problems that may arise from fraudulent charges. Not only will these fraudulent charges give you a headache, more importantly, it will destroy your credit worthiness. Be vigilant.
If, however, you want to share your card privileges with your loved ones and chosen household staff, the best way is to get them Supplementary Cards. Their first-year membership fees will be waived. You may apply online here or call 8881888.
6. Read all pertinent messages, updates, and/or notices printed on your SOA. Read all pertinent messages, updates, and/or notices printed on your Statement of Account. This will help you in keeping your RCBC Bankard credit card account in good order and standing.
Your RCBC Bankard has set up convenient ways for you to access your monthly statements of account. Log on to website or enroll in the eSOA Via Email facility to have your monthly statements sent directly to your email address thereby insuring that you will get your statements on time.
7. Keep your Credit Card information secure at all times. Do not fall victim to phishing websites, emails or prank calls asking for your credit card details. Be smart in determining the need to divulge these information and the manner it will be done. For your security, immediately sign at the back of your credit card upon receipt.