MASTERCARD 2012 CROSS-BORDER RAFFLE PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WHO ARE QUALIFIED TO AVAIL?
RCBC Bankard MasterCard Cardholder’s accounts must be existing and in good standing for the duration of the Promotion and the claiming period.
WHO ARE DISQUALIFIED?
All employees and relatives up to the second (2nd) level of consanguinity and/or affinity of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, MasterCard International Philippines, Inc., McCann Worldgroup Philippines, Fuentes Publicity Network Inc. and 1-ISA are disqualified from participating in the Promotion.
HOW TO JOIN?
1. The Promotion period is from May 1, 2012 to August 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”).
2. The Promotion is open to RCBC Bankard MasterCard cardholders Cirrus and Maestro branded cards are excluded from participation in the Promotion.
3. By entering into the Promotion, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees to these terms and conditions and accepts that the decision of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd with the concurrence of the Philippines Department of Trade & Industry (“DTI”) regarding the Promotion and all matters related to or connected with it, including, without limitation, the interpretation of these terms and conditions, is final and binding and no queries shall be entertained.
4. Cardholders must make an overseas purchase (from merchants outside the geographical borders of the Philippines) with a minimum spend of US$50 (or in any foreign currency equivalent to US$50) in a single receipt charged to their RCBC Bankard MasterCard within the Promotion Period to be entitled to one (1) electronic raffle number entry, subject to the following:-
4.1 The following charges made by a cardholder using his/her RCBC Bankard MasterCard are excluded from the Promotion (i) card fees/annual fee charges; (ii) interest charges; (iii) cash disbursements; (iv) cash advances and ATM withdrawals; (v) balance transfer and balance transfer charges; (vi) loans and other miscellaneous fees and recurring payments.
4.2 Internet purchases from online merchants overseas (that is, outside the geographical borders of the Philippines) charged to a cardholder’s RCBC Bankard MasterCard are considered overseas purchases for the purposes of the Promotion and are thus qualified for the Promotion on the same terms and conditions as an overseas purchase.
5. Electronic raffle number entries will be randomly assigned to the RCBC Bankard MasterCard upon an overseas purchase of an item amounting or equivalent to US$50 or more.
6. Overseas purchases of more than US$50 (or in any foreign currency equivalent to US$50) in a single receipt will be computed into multiples of US$50 and will be given the corresponding number of electronic raffle number entries. Denominations in excess that is less than US$50 will not be eligible for any electronic raffle entry. Receipts cannot be combined. For example, an overseas purchase of US$164 in a single receipt will be entitled to three (3) electronic raffle number entries.
7. There will be one (1) raffle draw, with ten (10) winners drawn on the basis of one (1) winner drawn from each Designated Bank, two (2) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period. Please see Table 1 below.
8. A participant can win only once in the Promotion irrespective of such participant being drawn as a winner more than once during the raffle draw.
9. The raffle draw will be held at MasterCard International Philippines Inc.’s office on September 14, 2012, at 10:00am.
10. The raffle draw will be witnessed by a representative of DTI.
11. A total of ten (10) winners will be drawn in the raffle draw, with one (1) winner from each Designated Bank. Each of the ten (10) winners will win one (1) million Mabuhay Miles of Philippine Airlines (collectively the “Prizes” and individually a/the “Prize”), subject to the following conditions:
11.1 The Mabuhay Miles awarded shall be deposited into the winner’s Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles membership account. If the winner is not a Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles member, he/she must first enroll in the Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer program in order to receive the Prize;
11.2 Upon credit of the Mabuhay Miles to the winner’s Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles membership account, the Mabuhay Miles won are subject to the terms and conditions of the Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer program; and
11.3 The Mabuhay Miles won will be valid for up to three (3) years from the date the Mabuhay Miles won are credited to the winner’s Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles membership account.
12. There will be a 60-day redemption period for each winner to claim his/her Prize. The redemption period for claiming of the Prizes shall commence from the date of the winner’s receipt of the official notification letter. If for any reason, the winner does not claim the Prize within such redemption period, the Prize will be forfeited with the prior approval of DTI.
13. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd reserves the right, in concurrence with DTI, to reject a participant if he/she is unable to satisfy the conditions set out in these terms and conditions.
14. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, MasterCard International Philippines, Inc., MasterCard International Inc., their respective affiliates and associated companies/entities and agencies (collectively the “MasterCard Group”) do not assume any responsibility for any products and services offered under the Promotion. The products and services have not been certified by the MasterCard Group and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any product or service in the Promotion be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such product or service by the MasterCard Group. No representation or warranty of any kind is given by the MasterCard Group as to the Prizes and any component thereof and all liability of any kind whatsoever is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law. Each participant in the Promotion agrees that the MasterCard Group has made no warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any Prize. The providers/suppliers of the Prizes are not agents, contractors, employees, servants, consultants, associated companies/entities or affiliates of the MasterCard Group. No representation or warranty of any kind is given by the MasterCard Group as to the quality, description or characteristic of any Prize.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each participant shall not have any claim whatsoever against the MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents in respect of any action, proceeding, judgment, damage or loss (including, without limitation, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, direct or indirect damages, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of business opportunity or economic loss), expense, injury (including without limitation death or personal injury) or liability suffered or incurred by the participant or any other person arising from or in connection with such participant’s participation in the Promotion and, in the case of a participant who is drawn as a winner, the receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize by such participant or any other person.
16. Each participant shall release and hold harmless the MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability suffered or incurred by the MasterCard Group and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents in connection with such participant’s participation in the Promotion and, in the case of a participant who is drawn as a winner, the receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize by such participant or any other person, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or submissions; (e) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, redemption, use or misuse of any Prize.
17. Each Prize is transferable subject to the terms and conditions of the Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles frequent flyer program, but not convertible to cash.
18. All winners will be printed in a winners’ advertisement to be published within two (2) weeks after the determination of winners in a major Philippine broadsheet and will also be notified by phone and an official notification letter sent by registered mail, based on the cardholder’s information in the records of the respective Designated Bank. Winners must sign the Release, Waiver and Quit Claim Form and present the original official notification letter, their winning eligible MasterCard branded prepaid, debit or credit card, the original statement of account (SOA) or the original charge slip (indicating the winning overseas transaction/purchase), their tax identity number (TIN), community tax certificate (CTC) and a valid photo-ID.
All entries remain the sole property of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd. All participant information is held within MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd’s secured database of entries. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes each participant’s consent to MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd’s use of their name, personal description, likeness and opinions for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media.
19. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, MasterCard International Philippines, Inc., the Designated Banks and participating merchants’ outlets shall not be liable for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason. If for any reason, the winner does not claim the Prize within the 60-day period stipulated in Clause 12 above, the Prize will be forfeited with the prior approval of DTI.
20. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd reserves the right to verify the eligibility of the drawn entries (that is, the winners’ MasterCard accounts with the Designated Bank must be existing and in good standing for the duration of the Promotion Period and the 60 day redemption period).
21. MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd’s decision, in concurrence with the DTI’s rules and regulations, regarding the Promotion will be deemed final and non-negotiable.
22. The 20% prize tax will be paid by MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd where applicable.
23. Winners may claim their Prizes at: MasterCard International Philippines, Inc., 904, Tower One & Exchange Plaza, Ayala Triangle, Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Philippines.
24. In the event MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd is prevented from continuing with the Promotion or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Promotion is undermined by any event beyond the control of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or other cause not reasonably within the control of MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd, MasterCard Asia/Pacific Pte Ltd shall have the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Promotion without any further obligation.