Keep track of your card transactions and manage your budget! Enroll in the RCBC Bankard Spend Monitor and enjoy peace of mind with real-time SMS advisory that keeps you informed of your card transactions.
You’ll get real-time SMS advisories on your credit card spending plus a tracking of your set budget. You can choose to keep track of:
- Your own spending. Are you keeping within the budget you allocated for yourself? With the Spend Monitor, you’ll receive an SMS alert each time you swipe your RCBC Bankard credit card and charge an amount beyond your set budget. You’ll also be provided an update on how much of your budget you’ve already used up.
- Your online spending. Did you use your card to purchase something through the Internet? The Spend Monitor will send you an alert each time your card was used for online purchases.
- Your overseas spending. Are you using your RCBC Bankard credit card on your trips outside of the country? You’ll likewise get SMS alerts to help you keep track of all your overseas transactions.
- Your supplementary card’s spending. Where did your supplementary cardholder use his card? Is he keeping within the spending limit yo set for him? Spend Monitor can likewise alert you on this to keep you updated.
With RCBC Bankard Spend Monitor, you determine which card transactions you want to be alerted on’ thereby keeping you on top of your finances!
Once enrolled, you will receive an SMS advice within minutes following a transaction.
Keeping track of your credit card spending has never been this easy. First with the Spend Analyzer that breaks down your monthly credit card transactions in your monthly statement of account; and now through the RCBC Bankard Spend Monitor.
The service is FREE OF CHARGE!
Upon enrollment, the Cardholder shall be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of the Spend Monitor:
- The Spend Monitor is a service offered by RCBC Bankard to its MasterCard, Visa and JCB cardholders to enable principal cardholders to receive SMS advice concerning certain card transactions or account information. Only the principal cardholders are allowed to enroll in the service and receive the SMS advice.
- The principal cardholder may request to receive SMS advice when:
- The supplementary cardholder/s used their cards on certain store categories (e.g. clothing & department stores, gambling, bars & liquor stores, etc.). Up to five (5) store categories may be set.
- The transaction amount exceeded the maximum amount set for one spend category. Principal cardholders may choose from the following spend categories: (1) Clothing & Department Store; (2) Groceries & Supermarket; (3) Restaurants; (4) Motoring; (5) Medical; and (6) Utilities. The transaction amount to be set must be in multiples of P1,000. The principal cardholder will receive an SMS advice whenever the transaction amount for the chosen category exceeds the maximum amount set.
- The transactions exceeded the monthly budget set per card or account. Principal cardholders may set a monthly budget, in multiples of P1,000, per card or account and specify the percentage of monthly budget that will trigger the SMS advice (i.e. the SMS trigger level). The monthly budget set shall be compared to the total approved transactions within the cardholder’s billing cycle. An SMS advice will be sent once the total approved transactions within the billing cycle are equal to or greater than the SMS trigger level set by the cardholder. For instance, if cardholder sets the SMS trigger level at 80% of monthly budget, an SMS advice will be sent once the total approved transactions within the billing cycle is equal to or greater than 80% of the monthly budget set. The SMS advice will be sent only once within the billing cycle; when the SMS triggers set are hit for the first time. The total of the approved transactions may not equal the total amount due on statement cycle date due to timing differences between the actual transaction dates and the merchants’ or acquiring banks’ settlement dates.
- The card is used outside the country. An SMS advice will be sent the first time within the billing cycle that the principal or supplementary card/s is used outside the country. The SMS advice will sent only once within the billing cycle; regardless of the number of times the card/s is used outside the country.
- The card is used for Internet or Mail Order/Telephone Order (MO/TO) transactions. The principal cardholder will receive an SMS advice whenever his/her or his/her supplementary card/s is used for Internet or MO/TO transactions.
- The SMS advice may include the principal and supplementary cardholder names, the name of the store, transaction amount and other details.
- The SMS advice stated in Section 2 above are free of charge. RCBC and Bankard reserve the right to charge future additional SMS advice. Cardholders shall bear the roaming fees and other fees charged by mobile phone service providers.
- The timeliness of the SMS advice is dependent on the mobile phone service providers of the cardholders and other service providers contracted by RCBC and Bankard. RCBC and Bankard shall not be held liable for delays in receipt or non-receipt of the SMS advice by the cardholders for any reason whatsoever, or for any error, loss or distortion in transmission of the SMS advice.
- The cardholders must ensure accuracy of mobile phone numbers provided to RCBC Bankard. The cardholders shall immediately notify RCBC Bankard of any change in their mobile numbers.
- It is the responsibility of the cardholders to ensure security of their mobile phones. Cardholders agree to hold RCBC and Bankard free and harmless against any and all liability, administrative, civil or criminal, including, but not limited to, those relating to secrecy laws or regulations, should any SMS advice pertaining to their card transactions or account information are viewed or accessed by persons other than the cardholders.
- These Terms and Conditions are suppletory to and do not amend the Terms and Conditions Governing the Use of the RCBC Bankard Credit Cards, which shall continue to be binding on the cardholders. The Spend Monitor does not enable a cardholder to disclaim liability relating to lost/stolen cards stated in the Terms and Conditions Governing the Use of RCBC Bankard Credit Cards.
- RCBC and Bankard shall not be liable for any damages, losses, expenses or costs arising from the cardholders’ reliance on the SMS advice for any purpose.
- In the event of inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional materials relating to the Spend Monitor described herein, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- RCBC and Bankard reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to suspend or terminate the alert services provided herein at any time without prior notice or liability to any person. *
Ways to enroll your RCBC Bankard credit card in Spend Monitor:
Enroll Online. Completely fill out the form here and determine which card transactions you want to be alerted on.
Call Customer Service Hotline 888-1-888.